De Boelelaan 30, 1083 HJ, Amsterdam
Nineyards Law was founded in 2015 by former Dutch equity partners of International law firms, including Baker McKenzie and Bird & Bird. Nineyards Law was established as a full service firm in the heart of Amsterdam’s financial district, with the aim of carrying on a highly skilled national and international legal practice.
Nineyards Law serves all jurisdictions in the field of commercial law, both nationally and internationally. It does so either directly or – for example in tax law – indirectly through highly specialised boutique firms.
Nineyards Law focuses on certain specific industry sectors among which life sciences, TMT, healthcare, infrastructure, real estate, construction, engineering, outsourcing and retail.
Nineyards Law: practice focus
• Corporate and (cross – border) Mergers & Acquisitions/Private Equity & Venture Capital, demergers and corporate restructurings, joint ventures, strategic alliances and auction sales
• Finance, (finance) transactions, e.g. restructuring of existing credit facilities, assets and reorganizations of corporate structures, compliance issues
• Notarial services
• Intellectual Property, Advertising, Media and Privacy law, including IP strategy, Data andPatent protection
• Commercial Contracts relating to Technology, Licensing, Telecom, Construction, Outsourcing, Logistics, Warehousing, E- commerce, Manufacturing, Merchandising, R&D, Franchise, Distribution, Agency and Cooperation agreements
• Employment and labor law: advice, litigation, employee participation law, transfer of business
• Insurance law and professional (‘directors’) liability
• Commercial and corporate dispute resolution (litigation, arbitration, mediation)
• Procurement law and governance of public private partnerships
• Real estate and construction law: zoning, planning, leases, corporate structuring, tax and financing, security, industrial accidents
NICOLE SIX, Partner
Nicole started her career as employment lawyer in 2000. She worked as an HR Manager and Compensation & Benefit Manager at IKEA from 2005 until 2009 after which she returned to private practice as an allround employment lawyer. Within the field of employment law, Nicole has special interest in collective employment law and employee participation. Nicole works for small and medium-sized enterprises, large national and international corporations, private individuals and statutory directors.
Nicole is registered for employment law in the register of legal areas expertise of the Dutch Bar Association.
RICK GEERARS, Partner
Rick Geerars is an attorney at law and certified business mediator. He has over fifteen years of experience in preventing and resolving business disputes and negotiating commercial contracts. Rick is a member of the Corporate Litigation Association, the Netherlands Association for Procedural Law and the Netherlands Mediators Association. Rick is registered for civil procedural law in the Netherlands Bar’s register of legal practice areas.
ELIZA AKOPOVA, Lawyer
Eliza has been an attorney since 2011 and she joined Nineyards Law's Employment Law practice group in 2021, as a Senior Associate. Prior to Nineyards Law, Eliza gained over eight years of experience and knowledge at a full-service medium-sized law firm and after that worked at a boutique firm in Amsterdam for almost two years. Eliza advises national and international clients on a wide range of employment law matters. She also advises on the employment law aspects of mergers and acquisitions and transfers of undertakings. Eliza litigates for her clients, when required.